I created a weather widget! My development career can safely come to an end. I was tired of all the usual weather widgets out there and set out to build my own. I remember seeing weatherrr.net at some point and really enjoyed the clean look of it, so I based my widget after that design.
It’s using open weather data from openweathermap.org which so far seems to be reliable.
The widget can also be included on posts and pages with the following shortcode:
[ awesome-weather location="Montreal" units="F" size="tall" override_title="MTL" forecast_days=2 hide_stats=1 ]
- Location: Enter like Montreal, CA or just Montreal. You may need to try different variations to get the right city
- Units: F (default) or C
- Size: wide (default) or tall
- Override Title: Change the title in the header bar to whatever, sometimes it pulls weather from a close city
- Forecast Days: How many days to show in the forecast bar
- Hide stats: Hide the text stats like humidity, wind, high and lows, etc
- Background: Insert background image. Currently just one. Would love for it to be dynamic, but that’s a whole new level.
- awesome_weather_cache = How many seconds to cache weather: default 3600 (one hour).
- awesome_weather_error = Error message if weather is not found.
- awesome_weather_sizes = array of sizes for widget