Starting in October 2015, it is required to have an API Key for the Awesome Weather Widget Free edition. OpenWeatherMap has made this process super simple. Here is the quick process breakdown:
- Go register at openweathermap.org/appid
- Get API Key from your profile page: home.openweathermap.org
- Copy API Key into your new ‘Settings’ -> ‘Awesome Weather’ page in your website admin.
- Click the ‘Clear All Cache’ button to reset the weather data.
1. Click the little ‘Sign Up’ button
2. Your API Key is found toward the bottom of your profile page on OpenWeatherMap:
3. In your WordPress admin under ‘Settings’ -> ‘Awesome Weather’ add the Key to the first field.
4. For good measure click the ‘Clear all Awesome Weather Widget Cache’ at the bottom of the page.