Awesome Weather Widget is now trusted by over 30,000 sites!
The graphics found on weather widgets are horrible. Finally you've found a super clean weather widget! My Awesome Weather Widget is the perfect companion to your beautiful and well crafted website.
In this pro version of the free Awesome Weather Widget we've added some great features:
- Weather based on user location, IP lookup, HTML5 Geolocation and Search Box Fallback*
- Weather Icons
- Three new layouts: micro, showcase and long
- Ability to make custom layouts
- Weather data from Yahoo! Weather or OpenWeatherMap.
Style meets function
The Awesome Weather Widget is beautiful right out of the box. It has great features like custom background images and multiple layouts to fit your site. The PRO version of the weather widget is developer friendly and has the ability to create custom layouts.
Languages - Pending 1.1 Updates
The PRO version uses a different .pot file from the free version. If you translated the free version, you will have to re-translate for the PRO version. Many of the translations are the same however the PRO version has all the weather descriptions in the .pot file. Recently version 1.1 was released that added many more translations so these files will need some updates.
Languages included in the PRO:
- Spanish - by Jose G.
- Italian - Added Jan 2nd, 2015
- Portuguese (Brazil) - Added Jan 2nd, 2015
This plugin requires PHP 5.3+ to be installed. It also uses 'wp_remote_get' to ping remote systems in order to get relevant data.
Your purchase contains lifetime updates. You can register your plugin in the 'Settings' -> 'Awesome Weather' page in your WordPress admin. Sometimes you may need to deactivate your plugin before the update can take place.
Email support included. Through email I can help fix issues and bugs. I am also willing to help with small layout issues like responsive design sizing help or colors, however, bigger theme change requests will require additional fees.
- New themes
- Media Button to Create Shortcode in Posts/Pages
- Video Backgrounds
- Extended Forecast Text without a URL
- Data - This plugin utilizes data from third party companies (Yahoo! and OpenWeatherMap) that I am not associated with (nor have any relationship with) and so the weather data is provided as-is. While I will make every effort to connect to that data properly and display it properly, I cannot control the data they return to your weather widget.
- *The User Location API uses your users IP to attempt to location your users. Due to the amount of IPs and how they work the IP lookup service is not 100% accurate and never will be. If a suitable location is not located it will fall back to your default location and starting in version 1.1 users will be able to use HTML5 Geolocation through a pin icon to change their weather. The example widget at the top of this page is using this functionality please test with this widget to determine if my plugin will work in your location and for your needs.
1.1 - Nov 11th, 2015
Fixed error when trying to clear the cache.
Added missing translations to the .pot file
1.1 - Oct. 1st, 2015
User Location using HTML5 Geolocation, with Search Box Fallback
Update weather icons font, including nighttime icons
Include up to 15 days of forecast (OpenWeatherMap only)
Different Backgrounds for Different Weather
Calling Yahoo! Weather through official API instead of RSS
Yahoo! weather calls through HTTPS
Shorter 30 minute cache time by default
Auto detect C or F depending on location
1.0.9 - Sept. 24th, 2015
Fixed the pesky warning messages from the old WP_Widget function.
1.0.8 - Sept. 15th, 2015
Small update to fix some Yahoo icon issues.
188.8.131.52 - Jan 2nd, 2015
Italian and Portuguese (Brazil) languages added. CSS tweak to the main temperature to prevent it from dropping to two lines.
184.108.40.206 - June 8th, 2014
Update to clear cache button
1.0.7 - June 8th, 2014
Fixed problems with settings being setup as constants. Also fixed the clear cache button. It was still trying to clear the old transient names.
1.0.6 - June 3th, 2014
Added checks to improve reliability with certain system setups. Added a second constant for setting the weather provider globally in a multisite setup: 'AWESOME_WEATHER_PRO_PROVIDER'.
1.0.5 - May 29th, 2014
Fixes to the Forecast, transient caching and switched to a new IP location lookup service.
1.0.4 - May 26th, 2014
Added a constant for registering updates. 'AWESOME_WEATHER_PRO_LICENSE' can be set in the wp-config.php for multisite updates.