Awesome Weather Widget is now trusted by over 30,000 sites!
The graphics found on weather widgets are horrible. Finally you've found a super clean weather widget! My Awesome Weather Widget is the perfect companion to your beautiful and well crafted website.
In this pro version of the free Awesome Weather Widget we've added some great features:
- Weather based on user location, IP lookup, HTML5 Geolocation and Search Box Fallback*
- Weather Icons
- Five new layouts: micro, showcase, long, boxed and coming soon: material
- Ability to make custom layouts
- Weather data from Yahoo! Weather or OpenWeatherMap.
Style meets function
The Awesome Weather Widget is beautiful right out of the box. It has great features like custom background images and multiple layouts to fit your site. The PRO version of the weather widget is developer friendly (complete filter list) and has the ability to create custom layouts.
There are five new layouts added in the Pro version along with the wide and tall found in the free version.
The PRO version uses a different .pot file from the free version. If you translated the free version, you will have to update the PRO version. Many of the translations are the same however the PRO version has all the weather descriptions in the .pot file to work with Yahoo. The following languages have already been machine translated to the latest updates.
- Portuguese (Brazil)
This plugin requires PHP 5.3+ to be installed. It also uses 'wp_remote_get' to ping remote systems in order to get relevant data.
Your purchase contains lifetime updates. You can register your plugin in the 'Settings' -> 'Awesome Weather' page in your WordPress admin. Sometimes you may need to deactivate your plugin before the update can take place.
Email support included for 1 year. Through email I can help fix issues and bugs. I am also willing to help with small layout issues like responsive design sizing help or colors, however, bigger theme change requests will require additional fees. Additional support may be purchased if necessary.
- Material Design Layout
- Media Button to Create Shortcode in Posts/Pages
- Data - This plugin utilizes data from third party companies (Yahoo! and OpenWeatherMap) that I am not associated with (nor have any relationship with) and so the weather data is provided as-is. While I will make every effort to connect to that data properly and display it properly, I cannot control the data they return to your weather widget.
- *The User Location API uses your users IP to attempt to location your users. Due to the amount of IPs, the IP lookup service is not 100% accurate and never will be. If a suitable location is not located it will fall back to your default location and starting in version 1.1 users are able to use HTML5 Geolocation through a pin icon to change their weather. The example widget at the top of this page is using this functionality please test with this widget to determine if my plugin will work in your location and for your needs.
1.1.6 – Jan. 29, 2016
- New: New Boxed Layout
- New: Moved calling of weather data into functions that can be used outside of the plugin or when creating custom templates.
- Improved: Weather provider is almost irrelevant, it will automatically use the correct weather provider based on the data passed to it. You can now create a widget with the simple shortcode: [ awesome-weather location=”Oklahoma City” ]
- Bug: Fixed extended forecast link
- Bug: Attempted to fix various PHP notices when Weather data comes back incorrectly.
- Bug: Fixed how error messages are displayed because of weather data now in functions.
1.1.5 – Dec. 29, 2015
- New Languages machine translated.
- Language files cleaned up and improved.
- OpenWeatherMap weather descriptions now come from the API, like the FREE plugin does. Can be overwritten. It uses the same locale features at the FREE version also. This should improve stability when upgrading to the PRO version.
- Bubble popup now says ‘Set Your Location’ instead of ‘Set Your Weather’
- Fixed the Clear All Cache button to remove the cookie that is set if you click ‘Set Your Location’ this was causing ‘City not found’ errors.
- New wrapper class added: awe-cityid-###
- Improved forecast support for OpenWeatherMap. Better at showing the right number of days.
- Better error handling when Yahoo doesn’t have correct data
- If the attribute woeid is passed the $weather->provider setting is automatically set to ‘yahoo’
1.1.4 – Dec.15, 2015
- Two new Open Sans filters to hide change enqueue name.
(awesome_weather_use_google_font AND awesome_weather_google_font_queue_name).
- Remove extra whitespaces in all templates, fixed the closing HTML comment
- Removed more HTTPS called to Yahoo, these were getting blocked when called from an HTTP site.
- Moved duplicate extended text to a function awe_extended_link. You can call this in your custom templates.
- Override extended text portion with a awesome-weather-extended.php file in your theme.
- Filter to remove the _blank on the extended link: awesome_weather_extended_url_target
- Added spinner icon when searching for your city and reduced the time after your last key press before it searches.
- Added atmosphere.jpg to the preset backgrounds.
- Fixed a gap of atmosphere weather in the OpenWeatherMap preset, causing no background image to be see. (included mist,smoke,fog,etc)
- Fixed ‘Update Details’ button.
1.1.3 – Dec. 9th, 2015
- Ability to change the text color with a color picker in the widget settings
- Fix to Yahoo Weather ping URL
- Applied jpegMini to background images
1.1.2 – Dec. 8th, 2015
- Added a set of background images for when you select ‘Use Different Background Images Based on Weather’ from the options. It can still be overwritten by adding a folder ‘awe-backgrounds’ to your theme folder.
1.1.1 – Nov 11th, 2015
- Fixed error when trying to clear the cache.
- Added missing translations to the .pot file
1.1 – Oct. 1st, 2015
- User Location using HTML5 Geolocation, with Search Box Fallback
- Update weather icons font, including nighttime icons
- Include up to 15 days of forecast (OpenWeatherMap only)
- Different Backgrounds for Different Weather
- Calling Yahoo! Weather through official API instead of RSS
- Yahoo! weather calls through HTTPS
- Shorter 30 minute cache time by default
- Auto detect C or F depending on location
1.0.9 – Sept. 24th, 2015
- Fixed the pesky warning messages from the old WP_Widget function.
1.0.8 – Sept. 15th, 2015
- Small update to fix some Yahoo icon issues.
184.108.40.206 – Jan 2nd, 2015
- Italian and Portuguese (Brazil) languages added. CSS tweak to the main temperature to prevent it from dropping to two lines.
220.127.116.11 – June 8th, 2014
- Update to clear cache button
1.0.7 – June 8th, 2014
- Fixed problems with settings being setup as constants. Also fixed the clear cache button. It was still trying to clear the old transient names.
1.0.6 – June 3th, 2014
- Added checks to improve reliability with certain system setups.
- Added a second constant for setting the weather provider globally in a multisite setup: ‘AWESOME_WEATHER_PRO_PROVIDER’.
1.0.5 – May 29th, 2014
- Fixes to the Forecast, transient caching and switched to a new IP location lookup service.
1.0.4 – May 26th, 2014
- Added a constant for registering updates. ‘AWESOME_WEATHER_PRO_LICENSE’ can be set in the wp-config.php for multisite updates.